3D Robotics APM
The APM Universal Autopilot
APM is the world’s leading open source UAV autopilot for a reason: it’s affordable, reliable and incredibly flexible. It’s the first universal autopilot, which means that the same hardware can provide fully autonomous control to a multitude of vehicles, from multicopters and traditional helicopters to fixed-wing planes and even ground rovers.
Unlike simple RC flight controllers, APM is a full UAV autopilot, which means it supports both piloted and unpiloted (fully autonomous) flight, including hundreds of GPS waypoints, camera control and auto takeoff and landing.
APM is used by customers that require a high-performance Attitude Heading Reference System on aerial fixed-wing, multi-rotor and ground-based vehicles. APM vehicles are used in a number of different applications from precision agriculture, mining and search and rescue to animal conservation, entertainment and scientific research. When you need to reach remote, difficult to access areas at a high-frequency and gain valuable aerial and surface based data, an APM equipped vehicle is the right choice.
- Point-and-click programming/configuration to get you up and operating without hassle
- Multiple command modes: Acro, Stabilize, Loiter, Alt-hold, Return To Launchpoint, Land, Simple, Guided, Position, Circle, Follow Me, GeoFence, and Auto (which runs fully scripted missions using GPS waypoints)
- Failsafe programming options bring peace of mind in the event of lost control signal or low battery conditions
- Three Axis camera control and stabilization, shutter control, live video link with programmable on-screen-display
- Data transceivers allow real-time telemetry and control between your ground station computer and APM, including joystick control options
- Full data logging provides comprehensive post mission analysis, with graphing and Google Earth mapping tools
- No dead ends — Advanced users will find endless options for customization and expanded mission capabilities
- As part of the 3DR Robotics Open UAV Platform, it’s easy to customize APM or develop new applications on top of it. Many compatible third-party applications, such as mobile apps and image processing tools, already exist.
APM is Better Than the Rest
There are many types of flight controllers in the market. APM is the only controller that has the features, reliability, performance and price that separate it from the pack and make it stand out as the perfect balance of cost vs. benefit.
At $249 for multi-platform autonomy with telemetry, no other flight controller can compare.
3DR APM universal autopilots are available from the 3D Robotics store.